Q: F150 starting system fault

asked by on August 10, 2017

I have a 2013 ford f150 xl ecoboost. When I turn the key the engine does nothing and it gives me a starting system fault warning.

You may have open recalls for the shift select transmission range sensor that needs to be done. This sensor will cause the fault and will also cause other issues like no reverse lights or showing correct gear selected. It can also cause rear camera issues. You should contact the nearest dealer with your vin number to get any open recalls done. If you do not have any open recalls for the truck then you can get a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come and diagnose the no start.