Q: Coolant loss - 1991 Mercury Capri

My car has been losing coolant. I checked for leaks and found none. I checked if there was water and oil mixing but it looks fine. I haven't found dried fluid from the radiator anywhere. There is no smoke or anything out of the ordinary. What might cause this?

A: Hello. When this occurs I usually do a bloc...

Hello. When this occurs I usually do a block test first. Most of the time when there is a loss of coolant and there are no external leaks it is because there is a blown head gasket. A small leak in the head gasket will usually allow the engine to slowly burn off coolant without allowing coolant to mix with the oil. If you need to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the coolant loss and pinpoint the proper repairs.