Q: 2012 Chevy Equinox brakes pedal goes to floor then works tightly

My wife's SUV suddenly suddenly won't stop when you press brakes. The pedal will go all Tyne way to the floor and feels squishy. If you let off and press again it grips tightly and will lock up. I checked the fluid andis halfway full.

The master cylinder not holding or getting pressure the first time is a bad residual valve built into the master cylinder. You will need to replace the master cylinder and bleed the system air out.

3. 2012 Chevy Equinox brakes pedal goes to floor then works tightly