Q: I have a damaged hood, radiator support and headlight

asked by on December 14, 2016

I have found a parting bmw that is same model but a year younger, so a 2000 323i that is same colour and body type. I am wondering will the hood off it fit my car?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The hood should technically fit. Some replacement hoods for the 1999 say they will not fit the 2000 model, but they should be the same. The first thing you want to do is look at the hinges and connections and compare the two. Make sure the new hood is going to fascine into place. The second thing you want to look at is the hood latch. Make sure the latches are compatible, and choose the one that is working best to install on your vehicle. The last consideration is that if the vehicle in a wreck the hood may not fit perfectly because the vehicle is now crooked. For a pre-purchase inspection, contact our service department and they can inspect the vehicle and make the comparisons for you.