Q: How do you use the Auxiliary jack on the audio system for the Ford Fusion?

How do you use the Auxiliary jack on the audio system for the Ford Fusion?

A: Your car is equipped from the factory to le...

Your car is equipped from the factory to let you connect other devices to your radio. The Auxiliary jack lets you connect things like an external CD player, or even an MP3 player to the radio – any device that can output sound to a pair of headphones can be connected, and the sound played through your car’s features. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Locate the Auxiliary input jack beside the front power accessory.

2. Connect your device with an extension cable. Don’t use an auto line leveler – only an extension cable will work.

3. Press the AUX button on the radio. You’ll need to cycle through the options until you find “LINE,” “LINE IN,” or “SYNC LINE IN.”

4. Cycle through the tracks or songs on your device and the sound will come from the car’s speakers.

5. The sound from your car’s speakers may be lower than expected. Adjust the volume to your preference.