Q: How do you replace the battery in the remote for a Ford Fusion?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you replace the battery in the remote for a Ford Fusion?

Your car’s Remote Entry system is certainly convenient. It provides you with the means to lock or unlock the doors from a distance, open the trunk, and even set off a panic alarm if you feel threatened. Of course, the battery has to be good for this to work. Here’s how to change the battery if you need to:

1. Turn the key over.

2. Use a coin to twist the two halves of the key apart (the slot is located on the back, near the ring).

3. Open the remote.

4. Take out the old battery.

5. Insert the new battery.

6. Close the remote.

7. Make sure the remote works.

Tips

• Replacing the battery will not unprogram your remote.

• You’ll need a CR2032 battery for this.