Q: Brake lights work but no tail lights. Half of my dash cluster lights up no gauges... Please help

asked by on August 28, 2016

New alternator, good fuses, I have inherited my great aunts 96 Honda passport and cannot find anyone who knows this issue. My tail and brake lights are on the same bulbs but only my brake light work, I also can only get half of my dash cluster to light up none of the gauges, brand new bulbs

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like you have a series of electrical issues going on here. From my experience, with this vehicle, the combination switch needs to be tested first. Most of the time, the switch shorts out internally and this occurs. In some cases, the fault is in the fuse box also. I would usually take a voltage meter and test the switch first and then the fuse box. If the vehicle has been sitting, it is also oddly common for rodents to chew on the wiring under the fuse box. If you are going to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the electrical problems and have this addressed.