Q: my car wont go over 30mph if i press the gas it just revs up, so does this mean my transmission is gone out?

i was driving on the hwy and i notice my car was losing power when i stepped on the gas, but when i got off the hwy my car could not go over 30 mph. i had to cut my car off and start it up just to be able to drive it and once it hit 30 mph the car starts the rev up. so does this sound like my transmission should be replaced or something else?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2002 Pontiac Firebird. It sounds like your transmission is slipping. It does not mean it needs replaced. You will need to have the transmission checked and fixed for leaks and refill transmission fluid, then see if it still slips. Have a transmission mechanic diagnose the transmission for you. If you would like a certified mechanic to refill your transmission fluid, have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office and do the job there.