Q: Car will start but will not move.

I took my car out one day and when I started the car and tried to back out. The car was kinda being jerky. It felt like something was stuck in the driver side tire and the fender. I got out of the car and look and nothing was there. I pulled the car forward and it felt like something was stuck!. As I left my drive way the car sounded fine and was driving fine. Till I went to the gas station and tried to go in reverse and this time a lot of noise came from the driver side tire. Car kinda shook and was making noise every time I went into reverse. After checking everything and put the car in reverse then to drive the car started to drive again. I got to the bottom of my drive way and they car would not move up the driveway. Now I can get the car started and it will move through the gear but no go. The car will just rev up. Every time I try to put the car into park I can hear a grinding noise coming from it. Sounded like something spinning but grinding with the rpm.

Hi there. Sounds like the transmission is slipping or a part is broken causing the vehicle to not drive. First check the fluid in the transmission and see if it’s low. If the fluid is full and red in color, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission grinding noise.

3. Car will start but will not move.