Q: fuel tank filler neck broken

asked by on February 28, 2017

I have a 2001 GMC sonoma, just today When trying to start my truck i got no response , I assumed it was the battery but when I got out I saw that the door for my fuel tank was broken, when I took a look i noticed the fuel tank filler neck had been broken(act of vandalism reported to the police), when I looked beneath my truck I noticed that a piece that I assume was a piece that held the fuel tank filler neck in place had been broken off as well. My question is what would be the estimate for a replacement fuel tank filler neck , and If it would even be possible to get a replacement considering my truck is a good 15-16yrs old.

The filler neck is readily available. For example, if you input your year, make and model and search on "fuel filler neck" at Car-Part.com you will find an exact match for your truck with available vendors and prices. New ones may be available as well, if you desire that we check. Fuel filler neck replacement is offered by YourMechanic and if you request that service a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.