Q: I cannot use my keys to lock or unlock my doors or trunk on my S-type 2003 Jaguar

asked by on May 30, 2017

Key does not lock or unlock the doors and trunk, I replaced the batteries does not help

Hi there. If you press the unlock button on your Jaguar key and can hear a click sound coming from the door or the or the trunk, then the issue is with the car unlock module. However, if you press the unlock buttons and nothing happens, it’s likely that one of two things are wrong with the key itself. First, it’s possible the battery is not good or installed incorrectly (don’t worry - that happens quite a bit). The second possible issue is the the key is not programmed or defaulted to a factory setting. Unfortunately, this is something that needs to be resolved by a Jaguar dealership if this is the case. I would recommend double checking the battery in the FOB to ensure it’s the right one and installed correctly. If this continues to be a problem, please feel free to set up an onsite inspection, so one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and help you diagnose this problem.