Q: Audi A3 won't start

My Audi A3 will click but not start when a flashing brake sign comes on the dash screen. Also many lights flash on dash such as: ABS, alternator, steering wheel, and traction. Sometimes the dashboard lights will not appear as well as brake sign and car will start fine. Tried to jump start but it still wont start and recently battery had died completely.

A: Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. ...

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The battery has lost all of the amperage that the battery can hold. I recommend replacing the battery with a new battery and retesting your vehicle. If a battery voltage is too low or the cells are burned inside the battery, then the battery will not hold a charge. Newer cars do not work like older cars where you can remove the ground cable and the vehicle continues to run. Newer cars will stall out due to no power to the computer. If you would like to have an expert pinpoint the problem, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to inspect the no-start issue and follow through with repairs.