Q: Head gasket, alternator, engine

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla with 111k miles on it. I took it to the dealership and the guy told me that my head gaskets are blown, the alternator is failing and that if I were to replace and or repair those two things then shortly after my engine would go out because of the condition it was in. Should I replace the engine to repair the other two problems? OR will replacing the engine solve the other two problems? Or should I look into purchasing a new vehicle?

A: I would recommend getting a quote for each ...

I would recommend getting a quote for each of these repairs and comparing it to an engine replacement. It would be hard to tell without seeing the vehicle firsthand whether or not repairing those two items will resolve the problem. You may want to have another expert give you a second opinion on the vehicle before moving forward with expensive repairs such as these. Check the value of doing the repairs versus trading the vehicle in for a replacement vehicle.