Q: Engine vacuum pump and centrifuge is leaking.

asked by on December 31, 2016

Is it " COMMON" for a 6 year old Mercedes that was purchases at Mercedes and ALL services done exactly on schedule to have: ENGINE VACUME PUMP LEAKING & CENTRIFUGE LEAKING ?!

Vacuum Pump Replacement $94.75 - $1259.92 Get a Quote

Hi there. All parts on a car are designed to have a longevity date to them, but it is normal for parts that are more than 5 years old to fail. The vacuum pump and centrifuge could be leaking for the mileage that is on the vehicle. Most vacuum pumps and centrifuge only last up to 80,000 miles and 5 years. I recommend replacing the parts that are not working properly. If you need further assistance with your vacuum pump and centrifuge, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.