Q: Where is the fuel tank pressure sensor in my car?

asked by on November 27, 2016

Where is the fuel tank pressure sensor located in my car? I don't know anything about cars, so please tell me in the simplest of terms.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

The fuel tank pressure sensor is located in the top of the fuel tank. The fuel tank will need to be removed to replace the sensor. The fuel tank sensor is not very common to go bad on this car. The purge control valve leaking in the engine compartment may cause check engine light and codes set for fuel tank vapor leak. Have the system smoke tested for leaks in the fuel vapor system first before condemning the fuel tank pressure sensor. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic that can test the system for you.