Q: When I'm driving the car pauses and when I hit the gas it comes back to life, is it the accelerator sensor?

I could be driving and the car just like it cut off but when I hit the gas it comes back to life??????

A: Hi there. The APP (accelerator pedal positi...

Hi there. The APP (accelerator pedal position sensor) could cause the vehicle to pause or hesitate. A faulty TPS (throttle position sensor), a faulty MAF (mass airflow) sensor, incorrectly calculating the incoming air to the engine are also possibilities. Typically, the PCM (powertrain control module)/computer will recognize a fault(s) in these areas. Assuming the Check Engine Light is not on, leads me to believe, proper diagnoses should be performed. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s pause/hesitation be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.