Q: Truck jerks and hesitates on acceleration

When I accelerate the truck will jerk and hesitate and sometimes it turns off. During the hesitation i notice the rpm meters drops and goes back up repeatedly and also the same with the temperature meter. The fuel pump and spark plugs were replaced a few months ago. I replaced the ignition coil and fuel filter as well. What else could it be causing this problem?

A: This may be a sign of a failing mass air fl...

This may be a sign of a failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this fails, it can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which often results in the engine starving for air or fuel.

This is what causes the hesitation or loss of power you describe. This can also cause the engine to struggle to idle for the same reason. I would suggest having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose and replace this sensor.