Q: What is the difrfrence between synthetic or normal engine oil, if we have to change both tyoe of oil after 10,000 km ?

What is the difference between synthetic or normal engine oil, if we have to change both type of oil after 10,000 km ? As synthetic oil cost 3 times of normal oil ......!!!!! ?

A: Synthetic oil is a manufactured oil that go...

Synthetic oil is a manufactured oil that goes through a series of processes that remove many of the impurities from the mineral oil as well as enables individual molecules in the oil to be tailored to the demands of modern day engines. The needs of either conventional or synthetic oil will depend primarily on the driving habits and conditions as well as the type of vehicle and it's primary use. High performance engines that are subjected to extreme racing conditions and temperatures will require a synthetic oil to help support engine components under these harsh conditions.

Likewise, high mileage vehicle engines as well as engines that are subjected to heavy hauling or abnormal stress will also be much better served using a synthetic oil. Conversely, many cars that are used for fairly simple daily driving around town or lower mileage, fair weather conditions and normal driving habits will be well served with conventional oil. With all of that said, engine oil choice also comes down to a matter of personal preference as well as cost as conventional oil is much cheaper to purchase than synthetic oil.