Q: Dash is loose on my car.

asked by on November 22, 2016

I have a mini over 1997 my dash is loose is there anyway to tighten it up? If I cant tighten it what do I need to do

Hi there. A loose part of a trimming in the back near the boot lid can cause the sound to echoing to the front of the dashboard. Remove the center console to the dash board and you can see the trim behind the dash. This can be fixed by either tightening up the bolts to the back of the dash or replacing the trim. If you need further assistance with the dashboard vibrating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr