Q: Battery keeps getting drained

My car has battery issues. It keeps getting drained and I don't know why. I went to the shop but they didn't find what is draining it. The car would occasionally not start. The alternator works fine. The battery is new. Do you have any idea what the cause might be?

A: If the battery is draining down over time, ...

If the battery is draining down over time, then there is a parasitic draw that is draining the battery. A parasitic draw test needs to be done on the vehicle and once set up, the fuses need to be removed one at a time until the draw disappears.

This will indicate the circuit that the draw is coming from. The conditions for the draw test have to be set so that vehicle enters its sleep mode and the fuses need to be accessible so they can be removed without waking the vehicle electronics. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the necessary training and equipment to set up for the parasitic draw test and then execute the fuse removal without waking the vehicle electronics.