Q: General Inspection or Individual Inspections

So I am getting a standard 150-point inspection on a car I just bought. It runs and drives but there were already some issues with it that I know of. The check engine light, ABS light and SRS airbag light are all on. Do I have to schedule individual inspections for each of these or would a mechanic already check all of these during the 150 point inspection?

A: Hello. Most of the time the 150 point inspe...

Hello. Most of the time the 150 point inspection is a visual inspection of most of the mechanical components of the vehicle. This would not be a complete diagnostic. The inspection may include scanning the computer for codes, but that still will not tell you exactly why these lights are on. Most of the time there is an hourly rate for diagnosing why these lights are on. If you want to have these warning lights checked out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.