Q: Can an overheated engine cause a knock sensor to fail?

I hit a bird and it damaged my radiator and the car overheated. I had the radiator replaced and not more than 10 miles after I left the shop my CEL came on and now the knock sensor if failing: my question is could the overheating of the engine cause the knock sensor to fail

The short answer is: Yes, this is possible. Knock sensors, and many other engine sensor types, have coiled electrical wires, which can fracture with heat and vibration, causing them to malfunction. Although this kind of failure usually happens over time, since your vehicle is a 2008, this may have been coincidence, may have been "one last stress" on the knock sensor, or a completely new failure. In any case, this is well within the realm of the possible.

I would recommend having the Check Engine Light inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.