Q: The drivers door will not open from the inside or the outside.

We have a 2011 buick enclave and the drivers door will not open from the inside or the outside. It will not open manually, with key fob or with electric button. All other doors work and it just happened today. Can you please advise approximate cost to repair and how long of a repair job it is. Thank you!

My car has 75,000 miles.

When you say open, do you mean the door cannot physically open or is the lock not working? If the door physically cannot open, the linkage between the release inside the door and the handles may have come loose or is broken. If it is the lock that will not activate then the electrical actuator may be the problem. Consider hiring an experienced technician like on from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of what’s going on and offer a more personal estimate on the repairs to the problem with your door not opening.

3. The drivers door will not open from the inside or the outside.