Q: How do I thaw out the water in my radiator reservoir. I was unaware of the problem with this car until recently, upper hose.

Right now it just has water in it and black pepper and will not turn over. I now see exactly where the leak is coming from which is just the top radiator hose. All of the water in radiator reservoir is now frozen. I can squeeze the hose and water pours out of the crack on the under side of the hose.

You will need to pour hot water into the overflow bottle until the water can be drained out and replaced with a 50/50 coolant mix after the hoses are fixed and engine has fresh coolant in it. If you had straight water in the engine then you may have froze the engine and damaged it. You can also use a hair drier to heat frozen water in overflow.

3. How do I thaw out the water in my radiator reservoir. I was unaware of the problem with this car until recently, upper hose.