Q: The car idles fine. It revs up but slowly drops RPMs.

Isles fine revea up fine but when it goes down to lower the rpm it drops very slowly

Hi there:

The idle is controlled by the idle control valve, mass air flow sensor, and throttle body of a fuel injected motor. Any of these components could be dirty, damaged, or have faulty wiring that is causing your engine idle to be inconsistent. In order to determine which one or combination of all of them possibly is the root source of your Ford’s issues, it’s best to have a mobile mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to complete an engine idle is rough inspection.