Q: Windshield Wipers and Lights not working.

After a heavy snowfall, my wipers stopped working. I just checked the fuse and it was blown. I put in a new 5 amp fuse, which is what was in it the last time, and it blew again. I put in a new 30 amp fuse, to see if 5 amps was too low, and it blew that one too. I have also replaced other fuses such as the rear wiper and now I don't have any outside lights (Headlights, brake lights, etc).

Hello, thank you for writing in. The wiper’s motor circuit may have a short somewhere that is blowing the fuse. Weather can not only cause corrosion but can stress out the wiper motors and cause them damage as well. Both the connectors and the motors need to be inspected. You will want to use your owner’s manual to make sure you are using the right fuse in order to protect the circuit. Due to the problems starting with the wiper’s start there. Once that is resolved turn your attention to the headlights. If the wiper’s and lights are both located on the same combination switch, you may want to test the switch as well. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Windshield Wipers and Lights not working.