Q: How does the security system work in a 2012 Honda Civic?

How does the security system work?

A: If your car is equipped with a security sys...

If your car is equipped with a security system, it offers important protection from theft. However, note that it does not prevent anyone from breaking into your car, stealing items, or even stealing your car. It is a deterrent only.

1. The alarm will sound and the lights will flash when any door is opened or the trunk is opened without the master key or by disarming the system with the remote.

2. If the alarm system sounds and needs to be deactivated, press any key on the remote or unlock the door using the mechanical key.

If the alarm is set off on your car, it will stay active for about two minutes before turning off.