Q: Is a AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR the same as a MAF?

I was wondering if a AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR is the same part as a MAF sensor for my truck?

Hi Jarod. Good to see you again. The ambient air temperature sensor and mass air flow sensor are not the same components. The MAF sensor measures air intake into the engine so it can adjust the fuel trim to be mixed at the right ratio. The air temperature sensor is for the cooling and heating system. If you’re working on your 2004 Dodge Ram, you should really purchase a service and repair manual, as this will list a lot of details that will help you successfully work on your Ram.

3. Is a AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR the same as a MAF?