Q: When I put the car in gear, it doesn't move.

One day I wanted to take my car out around the block. I heard a loud popping noise then it felt like something was stuck around the tire!. Felt like I was draging something till it pop again and was driving fine latter on that day I tried to put car into gear and it will not move. When i put it back into park I can hear it grind with the rpms

A: It sounds like you have broken a CV joint. ...

It sounds like you have broken a CV joint. The CV joints are a ball and groove joint that make it possible to transmit power to the front wheels even while you steer the wheels. They make a nasty popping sound when they are starting to fail, and then once the balls come out, the joint freewheels. The reason you have a grinding sound when you shift into park is that with the joint broken the axle shaft is allowed to turn even though you have your foot on the brake. It's the same thing as trying to put the cat in park while you are in motion.If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home to check out your car and tell you what needs to be done.