Q: engine rattling noise

asked by on December 01, 2017

Hi yes I have a question I wanna figure out what is wrong with my truck see this is what happen on January 14,2017 turn on the truck engine sounds great. But two weeks later after some rain and maybe some cold days where some ice would end up on the roof turn on the truck and this rattling and clicking sound was coming from the engine here are two youtube videos of the truck itself making that noise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-8a66mLHBA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfL51YA0pZE My car has 64000 miles. My car has a manual transmission.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Good trick with the You Tube! That sounds like valve noise. It could be camshaft or lifter problems. Since the noise is relatively uniform, I first suspect lack of lubrication. If you haven’t already, check the oil level. If you have not changed the oil in the last 5000 miles, that should be done. Beyond that, you will need to check the oil pressure and delivery to the relevant parts and that’s mechanic stuff. You can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your engine noise and let you know what it will take to solve it.