Q: 7 codes transmission shifting bad could it b ecm

asked by on September 18, 2016

Seven codes. Transmission shifting funny can it be ecm. Evety one wants to replace it

Having that many codes that go to one component may want you to quickly condemn the ECM. However, the vehicle should not have the ECM replaced until one or more of the codes retrieved calls for the replacement of the ECM.

I have seen bad wire connections where corrosion caused many codes when all the vehicle needed was some dielectric lube to stop the corrosion and connection issue.

You should have the proper pinpoint tests done for the codes that were received. One of our mobile technicians can come perform these checks and properly diagnose your trouble codes firsthand for an accurate repair.