Q: Car overheating; fans not working

My car is overheating after about five to 10 minutes of driving, but I don't see any water leakage. The fans do not come on. I replaced the fan sensor, and the fans still do not come on. Now I am assuming it is the thermostat now.

Hi there. Many components make up your cooling system. If any of these components are not functioning properly it will cause your vehicle to overheat. If your vehicle is not leaking any coolant chances are that your radiator fan(s) are not turning on when a certain operating temperature is reached. Also, if your vehicle has a blown head gasket it will cause the vehicle to not receive sufficient cooling operations. Additionally, the water pump can also be leaking or not functioning properly which also leads to poor or no circulation of coolant through your engine. Also, your thermostat which allows coolant to pass through your engine maybe stuck in a closed position. This blockage of coolant flow will not allow coolant to cycle through your engine causing it to overheat. I would suggest having a certified mechanic look into your issue in person for precise diagnosis of the overheating issue.