Q: Turning steering wheel makes horn honk

asked by on February 08, 2016

Every time I turn the steering wheel, I can feel and hear something rubbing on it and it triggers the horn honk.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there! Many Dodge Stratus owners commonly encounter this issue. In your case, the horn blowing is generally caused by an electrical short in the horn, clock spring, or airbag. More often than not it will be the airbag causing the electrical short. I recommend that a well trained technician remove the horn and the air bag to inspect the electrical contacts for deterioration and wire shortages.