Q: Opinion on Mazda compared to other brands

How do you comment on Mazda's reliability compared to other brands?

A: Mazdas are better than they used to be but ...

Mazdas are better than they used to be but they used to be terrible cars. They are nowhere near, let's say, Toyotas or Hondas, but they are not terrible cars.

With that said, I personally wouldn't buy one because when I get a car, I want it to last a long time. And I always buy mine used. You can buy a Toyota that has 150,000 miles and maybe drive it to 400,000 miles. You cannot buy a Mazda with 150,000 and drive it to 400,000 miles because they would probably start falling apart. So if you are the type of guy who buys new cars and likes those little Mazda 3's and 6's and zooming around, then they are not bad cars. They are okay for driving around. But, if you are like me and you want to keep a car for years and years and not have problems, then I wouldn't buy a Mazda.