Q: I am having a problem with my AC/Heat button turning on in my car

Hello I am having problems getting my AC/Heat to work in my car. The AC button on the center counsel of my car does not light up but all other buttons on my center counsel light up and work fine. The AC and Heat knobs do not work either. The Heat and AC just stopped working one day while I was driving, there was no noise or anything, it just stopped suddenly, it does not blow out cold or hot air at all either. I spoke to another mechanic and they suggested it needed Freon but I am not sure because that would not have anything to do with why the AC button is not working in my car would it? Thanks a lot

This sounds like a bad switch in your dash. The fact that nothing lights up would suggest there is no power getting to the switch. I would recommend having the actual A/C button/switch tested for continuity to be sure it is getting power. This could also potentially be a short or a bad relay. I would recommend having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the issue with your A/C for an accurate repair.

3. I am having a problem with my AC/Heat button turning on in my car