Q: Gauges and Radio flicker when driving

Really strange things are happening while driving my car. All the sudden the warning lights start flickering and I hear a clicking noise, then the power steering temporarily stalls.

A: This could be caused by a faulty power stee...

This could be caused by a faulty power steering cooling fan. The Mini's have an electrically controlled fan that will de-activate power assist if the fluid temperature exceeds a programmed standard to prevent damage to the power steering system. These fans are problematic and may need to be replaced if the fan activation signals check out fine. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and training to diagnose the power steering system and correct any issues once the problem(s) has been isolated.