Q: My car will start but turn back off

For the past couple of weeks when i slow down or pick up speed it will sputter and sometimes its not a very hard jerk but when im going a constant speed it will jerk a little. But yesterday i was starting my car and it would start but imminently turn off and it did this 3 times so i started backing up and it sputtered less than a foot and turned back off i finally got it to go and when i was pulling into my driveway it started dying again. It cant be my starter or battery because i've recently gotten those changed the only thing i can think of is the fuel pump please help ive put so much money into this car

A few different things will usually cause the vehicle to start and then die. A bad ignition coil can cause this if it is beginning to fail, resulting in intermittent starting problems. A dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, may also cause this kind of reaction. The mass air flow sensor is a unit that measures the volume of air entering the motor and relays this information to the computer in order to cause the computer to make the proper air/fuel adjustments. A bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay may also cause this kind of starting issue as a result of the engine starving for fuel. Additionally, a vacuum leak may cause this to happen as well. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine the proper solution to this.

3. My car will start but turn back off