Q: I replaced the tailight assembly but the the brake light still won't turn on.

asked by on October 28, 2016

So on my Sentra i left it in the parking lot it got hail and also someone stole the headlights out of it. I replaced a new bulb in the headlight. But in the tail lights I turn them on their work but when I press the brakes they don't work. So I went to Nissan got 2 new tailgate assembly and I plug em in, turn the beam on they work back up lights works but the brake lights don't work. Please help me I need to get to work on my brake lights do not work.

Brake light is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You will need to do some further testing to figure out where the issue is. This is going to require you trace the power supply from the brake pedal to the bulb. All of the following can be the cause and should be check out. Luckily the brake light circuit is not extremely complicated. The connection to the brake lights is most likely not being made. This can be do to the brake light sensor located at the brake pedal. It can be due to a short or wiring damage between the switch and the bulb. The issue may be the wiring terminal into the brake light assembly. It may be the bulb socket. Have you checked all related fuses? Using a voltmeter, you can test for available voltage across all of these components and find where the voltage drop occurs. That will be the component which has failed and needs to be replaced.