Q: Pulsing engine.

Engine consistently pulses at 2200 to 2800 rpm when in neutral/clutch down. Seems to want to continue accelerating when in gear. Could it be a maladjustment of the gear and clutch cables?

Hello, It sounds like you may have a vacuum leak causing the engine to idle higher than normal. High idle speed, stalling and hissing sounds are common signs of a vacuum leak. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, this causes an excessive imbalance in the air/fuel ratio which creates a loss of power and causes the motor to run at a much higher RPM as a result of the increased oxygen present in the fuel charge being injected into the motor. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your vacuum leak as these can be very difficult and time consuming to trace.