drive gear not working mitsubishi transmissions 2001 warn...

Q: drive gear not working

asked by on July 17, 2016

I have a Damante automatic OD transmission. When I put it into drive the indicator light says it's on neutral and it flashes. The transmission isn't in drive. It is in second or third gear. that is the only gear it will run in. Why is it not shifting correctly?

This sounds like a failed transmission range selection switch. The switch will need to be replaced to restore proper operation of the transmission. You may want enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose your shifting issue in person, and install a new transmission range selection switch if necessary.