Q: Would a bad or faulty vvt solenoid cause the engine to knock and cause a misfire on the

asked by on March 14, 2017

After replacing my timing chain, and we got it back together, we noticed an engine knock and the check engine light came on. We then scanned the code which was a misfire of the # 1 cylinder. It idles rough. I was told that replacing the vvt solenoid may help things. Would you recommend replacing it? Or will that not fix our issue?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. A bad or faulty connected VVT solenoid can and often does cause engine knocking, inconsistent idle and acceleration problems. The issue could be with the solenoid itself or the electrical harness connected to the VVT. The best way to correctly diagnose this problem is to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection, so they can download those stored error codes and accurately determine the source of the issues you’re having.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr