2008 Impala radio stopped working, no door,seatbelt chime...

Q: 2008 Impala radio stopped working, no door,seatbelt chimes or blinker sounds.

asked by on August 18, 2017

Last week my radio in my 08 Impala stopped working. I noticed that the door chime as well as the seatbelt chime also is not working.The seatbelt light still flashes just does not chime as before.The blinker is not making any sound either. I have checked the radio fuse but it is not blown. Can someone please help? Thanks in advance.
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

If there is a common power source (or even common ground) for these circuits, tracing any one of them will resolve the issue. Obviously, there is an interruption in power somewhere. If there are multiple breaks, that will be determined after you have traced one of the circuits, fixed it, only to have a continuing problem in the others. Although it might seem complicated the procedure to fix this is very mundane: you take the factory wiring diagram and start tracing, that is you use a voltmeter and measure the circuit, segment by segment, to find the break once you have powered the circuit on. A mechanic would be able to do it most efficiently, of course. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.