Q: 04 maxima will not start, motor turns but does not start

asked by on November 09, 2016

Hi my 04 maxima will not start,motor turns but does not start only code it gives is P1800 I know that is for a vias solenoid (intake manifold runner solenoid)could this be the issue? Gas pump sound like it turns on when I turn the switch, tried starting fluid but no go please help

Hi there. The VIAS (variable intake air system) is not likely to create a no start condition. Spraying starting fluid with no result leads me to believe there is no spark. Assuming the engine is properly turning over, diagnosis needs to be performed.

There are several possibilities for a no spark condition, a faulty ignition relay, a faulty CKP (crankshaft position sensor), or a faulty CMP (camshaft position sensor).

There are other possibilities as well. The Check Engine Light code needs to be inspected in person to thoroughly assess relevant systems.

I also recommend having your vehicle’s no start condition diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.