Oil light comes on at idle infiniti 2008 g37 v6-3.7l

Q: Oil light comes on at idle

asked by on June 01, 2016

My cars oil light comes on at almost every stop light, it goes off if I put it in neutral. I have checked the oil level and it is full. It doe not come on when I'm driving, only when the engine idles down.

Hello, the most likely cause of the Oil Light coming on at idle is due to a low oil pressure condition. When the vehicle has low oil pressure, it can lead to engine damage if the cause is not addressed and the car is continued to be driven. I would have this looked at as soon as possible to avoid engine damage. That being said, a few things that can cause low oil pressure are the main bearings, a failing oil pump, or a clogged oil port or mechanical damage. If want to have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician will be able to come to your home or office to diagnose your Oil Light and perform any repairs required.