Q: Loud rattling from power steering pump

I hear a loud rattling sound coming from the power steering pump, even when I am not turning. The rattle gets much louder if the wheels are turned all the way to the right or left. The power steering pump has been leaking, and definitely needs to be replaced eventually. I just wonder if this is a problem with the pump or the serpentine belt?

From the symptoms you describe on your Kia and the leaking you are observing, it sounds like the power steering pump is failing internally. This is due to running low on power steering fluid. The power steering pump plays an important role in keeping your car turning smoothly, therefore I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to perform this repair as soon as possible. The serpentine belt is also removed during this repair, so the mechanic will be able to inspect it and determine if a new belt is needed as well. They will have the experience and tools needed to make a quality repair and keep your power steering from leaking.