Car hissing and overheating overheating pontiac aztek 200...

Q: Car hissing and overheating

asked by on February 16, 2016

My car is overheating, hissing, and leaking brown fluid.

This could be an indication of either a cooling system issue, or possibly a head gasket. Never check the cooling system on a hot engine, or when the system is pressurized, or serious injury may result. The cooling system will need to be inspected, and pressure-tested, to see if there are any leaks, or if there is oil in the coolant. The water pump circulation needs to be checked to ensure that coolant is being circulated in the cooling system. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to diagnose your overheating issue with an inspection of your entire cooling system, and make the proper repair.