Q: Remote start quit working, check engine light on

My car has gone 80,000 miles. The remote start stopped working. It worked the day before. It might or might not have something to do with my checking the air filter. In order to get better access to the screws, I took the tube off, the one connecting to the air box. I put it all back as and haven't damaged any wires while doing it. Nevertheless, the remote start quit working. The battery is new and I checked another remote but they just don't start it anymore. There would be locking and unlocking as well as turning the lights on but no command start. Also, about a month ago, the dashboard showed check engine light on. What do you think happened here and how can I fix it? Thanks.

The last mention about the Check Engine Light being on is the key. You should have the computer scanned and tested to see why the Check Engine Light is on. The codes can be the reason the remote start is not working. The remote start will not work if another system is causing the lock out for the remote start to be active. I would recommend having the computer diagnosed and the Check Engine Light reset after any repairs are completed as needed. Afterwards, recheck the remote start for operation.