Q: What does the PCV valve and hose look like and where are they located?

What does my pcv valve look like and located on 2003 Mazda 6 v6

Hi there. The PCV valve for this particular model is built into the hose assembly. The hose is a larger hose that connects to the intake plenum and runs to the rear valve cover, you can’t miss it as it’s the only hose that runs directly to the valve cover and is larger than the rest except for the throttle body hose. Are you planning on changing the valve? If so, what are the reasons? If there is a concern with drivability or oil consumption, I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a PCV valve replacement.

3. What does the PCV valve and hose look like and where are they located?