Q: Car is shaking when in idle and shudders as you go through the gears seems better in higher gears?!

It started this morning as I went to pull away In first gear ,thought it was clutch to start with but certainly not it's a shudder ,loss of power but my car is shaking whilst idle?

A rough idle may be caused by many different things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor or a dirty or failing idle air control valve. Any of these possibilities relate to fuel delivery issues that will disrupt the normally balanced air/fuel mixture that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

• Car is shaking when in idle and shudders as you go through the gears seems better in higher gears?!