Q: Q: Car dying when put into gear

My car starts, but doesn't drive. It has a new battery, but has been parked and not driven for about six months. It dies as soon as I put it into gear.

Your concern can be as simple as a broken/dry rotten hose that may be allowing too much air into the engine. The ignition system must be well-tuned and the alternator must be capable of charging the battery during vehicle operation. All of these must be taken into account during an inspection of your car’s stalling by an experienced mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic.

3. Q: Car dying when put into gear